I have a biter!

How do I make my 9 month old stop BITING! It hurts and he knows he does it... I put my hand in front of something and he bit me! And he bites everytime he gets mad! Please hlp!

kcriswell

Asked by kcriswell at 1:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think at 9 months old we ALL had a biter. Its pretty normal. A lot of people bite back but I know at 9 months my son wasn't doing it to be mean, it was more for teething relief - I would just say a little louder than normal NO BITE. and move his mouth away - he went through this stage again about 14 months I think and it was on purpose and my husband bit him back and he never got bit again, I couldn't do it and I got bit for longer but just kept having to tell him over and over NO NO, Biting hurts, No
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i also like moving baby from whats happening as a distraction...after saying no a couple times and if it doesnt work...move him away from you and walk away.....that way they see they're not getting attn for biting, and wont use it as a way to get your attention. they're learning now actions and reactions....if i throw food off my tray, what happens? same with biting. or like said above its possible teething. give baby something else to chew on...cool rags, i put a whole carrot in freezer for a min to cool it off, things like that. good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009