Is tea bad for you?

Lately all i been wating to drink is water and tea and i just recently bought like 6 different types of tea and i make a hot tea when i want to relax after work or when i have a long day and i make some at nite and stick them in the fridge so i can have some cold in the morning for the next day. they are all caffine free and i hardly ever add sugar. does anyone know if this is bad for me to drink everyday? i dont drink soda and rarely do i drink juice but i love my water and tea. anything see anything wrong with that? like bad for my health?

lydiamama

Asked by lydiamama at 1:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Teas not bad for you at all :) Some teas even have medicinal purposes. I drink a cup of sleepy time tea everynight before bed.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Nope tea is a natural herb, I think it's good for you and good to drink.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• dont think tea is bad for you at all. Esp green tea... some are great for your health. research the ones you love to make you feel better. I am a water lover also :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• tea is very healthy! especially if you drink herbal tea for ailments whether it be to help you sleep, or if you have a cold, or to help with energy. I befriended the owner of a health food store a long time ago and he once told me a woman came in with a big tumor in her neck. she saw the dr. and all but nothing seemed to help and she wanted to go the natural route. he told her to drink nothing but green tea (and water of course). many months later she came in and praised him. the tumor shrunk from the size of an orange to a golf ball. I hae a bad cold and have been drinking an herbal tea w/ all different types of herbs and it seems to be helping my symptoms!
    Anonymous

• I drink only water and green tea. My doctor hasn't said anything about it being bad for me. I don't use sugar.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Tea is actually good for you, especially green tea. I normally only drink water and unsweetened tea (most times green tea). I drink tea with honey and lemon when I have a cold. Peppermint tea is great when you have an upset tummy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If you drink 3 cups of green tea a day , you can lose up to 11 extra pounds in a year. I read this in Oxygen Mag. I thought it was pretty awesome and it has al ot of antiaxodents
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I dont see how people drink HOT tea, I love sweet iced tea!!
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 11:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The only time tea is bad for you is when you drink tea with caffeine and add sugar. Caffeine is suppose to be linked to cancer. Sugar has many adverse effects...too many to count. Honestly the best drink is water.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009