How many miscarriages before deciding stop trying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't give up, I can't imagine what your going through. I never went through it, but a dear friend did, she had 3 now she has a gorgeous 5 year old daughter.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had 4 miscarriages and a tubal pregnancy between my two children. And my mother in law had 6 miscarriages I think, in the 7 years between her two children. There was a woman in a support group that I went to for my first miscarriage that had 5 and no children. I mean, it is up to you. How much more can you handle physically and emotionally. And then weigh that against how much it would mean to you to have a biological child, as opposed to adopting one. I have also met women that have had one miscarriage, and decided they were not ever going to try again. It is all about what you personally can handle. Perhaps make some changes in your life first, get healthier, relieve some stress, and get a good physical exam to make sure you don't anything like polyps or cysts that may be inhibiting you. Then decide after that where you are. Good luck
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009