can you have a favorite child?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• well i'd say no....but as i've gotten older my mom informed me she had a favorite as we were growing up...I'd say as long as you don't make it overly known to the other children sure

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i say yes. I don't! But I do know of a few people who actually DO!!!!

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I'm sure lots of people do. Let's say you have 2 kids & one of them is a little devil... you probably wouldn't MEAN to favor the "good" child, but how could you not? OR... maybe you favor the child that you have the most in common with. It doesn't mean you're a bad parent... it happens.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I think you LOVE all your children equally. You may get along better, or have an unspoken closeness, or have similar interests with one more than the other. I think thats normal. You have to find something with each child that makes them special and nurture
    that to stregthen your bond & relationship. Good Luck

Answer by kymom2boys at 12:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2008