kids taken from parents for bath pictures!

i know this might have been posted already, i haven't been on here in a while, but OMG! what parent DOESN'T take pics of their kids in the bathtub? i mean HELLO?? i can't believe they took those kids for a month, and on top of that put the parents on the sex offender list, and the mother was suspended from her job. this is crazy. what is wrong with our nation today? maybe they can sue the state? it's amazing how they can take the kids away from the parents in a heartbeat for bath pics, but when someone calls about abusing them, they need more proof than a couple bruises.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6258-Huntsville-Family-Examiner~y2009m9d22-Parents-loose-kids-after-innocent-bath-time-photos

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw that this morning, the problem is that whoever develops the pictures doesn't know who these people are, and are required to notify police of any nude pictures of children, it is sad though how this can sometimes accuse innocent families, whose only crime is to take pictures of their babies cute nude bodies. I know I took pictures of my kids nude in the tub, but those were different times I lived in. Sad times we live in!

Answer by older at 2:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• thats just crazy. there are plenty of pictures of me and my siblings taking a bath, that were developed. the thing is ppl know when something is pronographic.....and how many sex offenders would use walmart? anyway, those employees didnt have to turn in innocent bathtime pictures. there's a difference between play and sick use of children. I think they were wrong to turn those parents in. its really sad to me.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• usually I am against lawsuits, but I would be suing the state, walmart and probobly her job as well. At this point there is no reason they should be paying for any of those kids college!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think we all have taken pictures of our children in the bath, so it is hard to think that it would be considered "child pornography." However, I must admit that I find the parents completely irresponsible for having these pictures developed like that. You never know who will be looking at these pictures and you never know what that one picture of your naked 2 year old is going to do to some very disturbed person. Any picture I take of DD where she doesn't have clothes on, I make sure nothing inappropriate is showing before I save and I print off of my own printer.

I did notice it didn't say how much of the children was shown naked. That may have something to do with it also and it could be a case where developers are legally obligated to report if certain parts of the body are showing.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My son is almost 5 and I took plenty of bath time pics and had them developed at Walmart and they never turned me in.
    If I were a pedafile I would get a digital camera
    I did stop getting my film developed there because they don't do a very good job.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agree with AllAboutKeely, if they wanted pics of their kids in the bath they should have developed them privately...not for fear of having their kids taken away but for fear that some phedofile would be looking at them!
    All I can think is that we don't know the whole story...on the other hand you are right about reporting child abuse...I SAW and HEARD my neighbors beating their one-year-old with a belt, and since I had no proof and the child didn't have "visible" welts, nothing came of it.
    The system is flawed and inconsistant.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• DAMN I cannot spell today LOL...oh well.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• OMG that poor family, that's F#@&%D Up! I have pics of my daughter in the tub, I don't make it a point to photo her twat or anything, and it doesn't make you a bad parent for taking pictures of your kids doing everyday normal things. I think I would counter sue, and get them for defimation of character!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• omg a 1 year old getting beat by a belt?? i can see a little pop on the butt but a belt??

oh and for the pics, they showed some of them on the view today (they blotted out the children's faces) and most of the ones they showed were of the kids wrapped in a towel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• They wont win .
    The defense will be they were all just doing their jobs .
    They will lose sorry
    Get over it lets talk about something that isnt old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009