Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For all you moms who are struggling with a teen, Don't give up on your kid...

So hear I am 4 months later, and still in battle with my 13 daughter, but you know what I will win, she will respect me as she respects others, she will do as I tell her to do. She will give me the grades expected of her.
People said hit her, put her away, this and that. No, No, No. I love her too much to do any of the above, and beside that each child is diffrent. She is being picked up from school by who ever can do it, with the principle support. Thank you-until she can control her teen nutty years, and act her age. I will continue to be just as nutty as she is. I carried her for 40 weeks, she is mine, and I am going to nip her in the bud. Put her back on track. Pray with me.

Answer Question
 
KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 20 (8,947 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • I will pray with you. I have a 13 year old. Talk about mood swings.....That is on a good day.On a bad day forget about it....But I will pray to St Jude for you.
    bella69147

    Answer by bella69147 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • :)
    mommymeg03

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I have a 16 yr old girl. A 13 yr old girl and a 11 yr old girl. God help us! LOL :) Mood swings, attitude, testing limits, and sass....all in a day.
    Good luck with her. It gets easier around 15. Thank god :)
    momsbreak5654

    Answer by momsbreak5654 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I have 15 DS who is 95% good but the other 5% of the time I am at my whits end.. I am not going to give up I just need to stick to my guns. Wish me luck.
    dillonsma

    Answer by dillonsma at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I have a 16 yo and a 13 yo both girls. Both good kids, but yes they sure know how to push my buttons. Once my older daughter realized that no matter what I'm here, and that I too was in high school once, granted it was a LONG time ago, I know what she is going through. I don't thing giving up on our kids if ever an option. The hardest thing to do is know when to hold on tight and when to let go. I 'm not sure it gets easier around 15 or just different? Maybe both. I wish us all luck!!
    wallmom1

    Answer by wallmom1 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • The teen years are so challenging, but you are so right. We love our kids, and sometimes we have to fight for them when they won't, or even fight for them when it means fighting with them. Never give up, love them unconditionally, Good Luck!
    ohwrite

    Answer by ohwrite at 5:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I'll pray with you mama! I have a 14 yo. She is a great kid..but, lately there are some issues. HELP!
    Loryl

    Answer by Loryl at 7:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I am right there with you all as well. 2 boys, 13 and 17. Both so full of promise! But so frustrating as well! Keep asking myself....."Was I this insufferable when I was their age?" Thankfully God won't allow us to have more than we can handle. Guess we moms are a pretty tough bunch then!!!
    jessa1091

    Answer by jessa1091 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I'm not giving up! I've put too much effort into this kid to give up now. Just when I think I may kill him or put him up for adoption he does something wonderful.............LOL!

    Ahhhhhh......the joys of parenting.
    Dyndudes

    Answer by Dyndudes at 10:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I guess im still lucky my 13yr. old. doesn't have many mood swings. ( yet , anyways ) i was told that was a good thing.
    incarnita

    Answer by incarnita at 9:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.