Tattoos of children and children names, showing love or tacky?

I have been thinking about getting a portrait of my son. I think getting a tattoo of your child or your childs name shows love to everyone. That you are so proud of being a mother thats it proof on your own skin. Now i know not everyone feels this way and that's fine. What do you think of getting tattoos? Why or why not would you get a tattoo?? JW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think its a sweet thing to do. My husband is getting one for our daughter. I might someday, but it hurts so bad!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i have my son's name in a heart on my shoulder
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have 2 tats (not names, just things), and it really didn't hurt too much. How do you know what age to have the "photo" done into a tat? THAT would be the hardest thing for me....1 year old? 5 year old? When?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It is a matter of personal preference, I myself don't like tatoos for me, I don't like the idea of having something so permanent on my body, and when you get old those tattos sag with you!!!I could think a lot of other things to honor my children, but I would never judge anyone for doing it, like I said personal preference.

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i don't think it's tacky, i myself have my kids' names tattooed on me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i have a tattooo of a chinese writing the word dragon but i want a teddy bear for my son on my back wit mamabea written on my shoulders so wen i have more kids they will fit on my upper bak also!!!i think its awsome nd any1 who doesnt is jus plain uptight!!!lol
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I like the idea of the names but not the pictures. I've seen way to many that turn out bad. Its hard to screw up a name.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 2:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i dont find that tacky at all! it is after all your for your child :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My cousin just got her son's name and his feet prints on her it's awesome. I probably wouldn't do a portriat, unless it was in remeberance of someone.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I love tats, I plan on doing a couple for my kids, one with hearts, or stars haven't decided yet, down my arm with my kids' names across each one. And my next tat will be two hearts overlapping with a wedding band through them, looking like it's holding them together, with my and dh's wedding date on it then four little stars on the top to represent his boys, my stepsons, and 4 on the bottom to represent my kids with the last one having a little halo around the top point for our miscarried baby then we can add another star when we have our last child.

And I've told my dh a few times that when I'm done having kids I want monsters tattooed across my lower stomach each w/ big blue eyes since that's what they are. my little monsters!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 2:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009