Will my stomach flatten out just from a mile run?

I walk at least 2 miles a day and jog at least 1/2 mile a day 3 days a week. The other half a mile is sometimes walked and sometimes jogged.

Will my stomach flatten just from my regular walking/jogging schedule? I'm not asking for a six pack or anything. But will i loose the pudgey?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You can't choose where the weight will come off but if you've been at it for quite a while and it's come off in other areas, the belly will also come off with that routine. Eventually.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no it doesn't work that way

Answer by admckenzie at 2:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You lose weight, but if you want to flatten your stomach you need to do exercises specifically for that purpose, such as crunches or sit ups.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• no- you are not working the muscles in your tummy. DO sit ups!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Spot reduction is a myth, therefore Sit-ups and crunches dont work. You simply need to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight. The best ways is to ramp up your workouts with intervals and short sprints or burts of energy, this will blast fat expecially around the mid-section.
    For any type of fitness question, workout tips and ideas, or rut s you want to get out of, check out this blog, you can ask questions and get quick, personal direct answers for free. It's helped me incredibly!!

http://dynamicworkouts.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009