Do you have a baby shower for each of your babies??

I thought that the proper etiquette for baby showers was that you have one shower, with your first pregnancy, and that was it. Seems that today most women have showers for each of their pregnancies.. is this proper now, or it is just something that people do? Did you have one with your second and subsequent pregnancies?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree, I don't see anything wrong with having more than one baby shower.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you could have diaper and wipes shower....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Every child deserves to be recognized and have a shower, or a baby meet and greet day, I'm on my second and I'm having something for her too! It's only fair.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• OP here: MommaRox, that is kind of how I saw it, too, I'm just curious because I was told that I shouldn't have a shower with number two because it isn't proper...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The "only one shower rule" is outdated,I had one for both of my pregnancies, I think every baby should be celebrated.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• it depends, i guess. i would think it's kind of rude/selfish to have a baby shower for your second, 'cause to me it seems that showers are more to help parents get off on a good foot with their first baby. my SO & i got every single thing we needed at the shower we had recently. people generally buy things the parents will need for the baby before the baby comes at a shower. maybe a meet the baby party a few months after he/she is born would be better. then you would probably just get clothes, picture frames, that kinda stuff.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• its not being selfish or rude, its that way if you have one for one and not the other..I personally dont see the deal of it.. who cares how many babyshowers u have, in my oppinion, its rude and selfish if you have more than 1 baby shower for one child...thats too much..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on if the babies are the same gender, how many people are gonna put their son in hand-me-down pink dresses? Also how far apart your pregnancies are. Not many people would still have their baby stuff after 5 years. But I agree that a baby shower is about celebrating the new life, not just "getting stuff". I am pregnant with my second baby and they are gonna be 13 months apart. I will probably have another shower whether I have another boy or a girl. My son will still be using his crib, crib set, high chair...etc. Plus you always need diapers and wipes. But I would say have a smaller, family only baby shower for your next baby and put on the invite no gift nessesary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009