can someone look over adoption papers for me threw email?

My bestfriend and i are trying to adopt while are husbands tell us to do whatever the will support us. Anyways we found a lady online who herself and her friend are trying to have their babies adopted. We would just have to pay for the flight for their counselor/attorney guy to bring the babies over here. But something doesnt seem to right.
They arent asking for any money so it doesnt seem like a scam just a flight for the guy and we meet him there to pick up the babies. They said they had court yesterday and got all the things signed and sent us paper work over email, because when the guy brings the babies hes going to get us the original copys. My bestfriend is going to take them to her attorney before we get our hopes up, but if your bored and can look over these for me id love it tell me what you think. thank you
i can give u my email when u respond

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Adoption

• this sounds like a strange situation. you cant just sign some papers & have babies flown here to pick up from another country. its way more involved then that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I got a bridge I can sell you if you are interested!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• OP,
    I am sorry to say that this is very likely a scam. What typically happens is that the person either sells the ticket that you purchase for them or uses it but has no intention to ever place a child.

Two people (best friends) cannot adopt a baby together, you and your spouse would have to be the parents and it is an incredibly detailed legal process. You have to have your home inspected and a report filed to the state, criminal, legal and child abuse screenings, all kinds of things. No one can just let you have a baby.

Never give someone even one penny in an adoption (or pay for a flight) without first going to an attny. Nothing is ever that easy, it is a legal process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• to think to be so bored and immature to post these type of posts.It is kind of pathetic on their part.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Why do you waste our time? Some of us come on here to answer REAL questions!

I LOVE the answer about a bridge for sale lol
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am confused of why everyone is attacking this poster, let me in on the joke. It sounds like she is being potentially taken advantage of which happens everyday. There are lots of people who pose as birthparents and defraud potential amoms.

As bmoms, you should be helper her and letting her know that criminals like this dont represent the bmoms that are on here and instead you are attacking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• How come you assume everyone who's posted is a bmom? Judge much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It doesnt take a genius to know it sounds like a scam. Why does she need some strangers on the net to verify that? What if someone on here got her info through email & decided to scam her even more?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I will post my name here so that if you would like some true response about your situation, you can turn to me. I would love to tell you more about this situation and what adoption is like.

Is this from Cameroon? Is it from anywhere in Africa? That is just a red flag. They only want the money for the flight, usually...which is what? Around $1000 or so? That is a lot of money to lose for nothing. Just be aware. But go ahead and message me personally if you would like to talk to someone about adoption. I am an adoptive mom.
    hollyanne31

Answer by hollyanne31 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We would just have to pay (for flights)......-OP

They ARE asking for money, just not cash. As others have said, probably a scam, especially if it's from Cameroon, and I didn't know about this scam until a few months ago myself. It's easy when your heart and mind are set on giving a child a home, to "let your guard down" but others will take advantage of your openness, so BEWARE.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009