Jon & Kate vs. The Duggars?

I guess b/c I grew up in a fam of 11 children with no multiples, I know just how much harder it is to deal with kids of all ages and all the different problems that come with those ages like the Duggars. I mean, think about it. If you have a 12 yr old and a 16 yr old and a 4 yr old, they're all gonna have diff problems that seem soooo important that need your attention. I just don't really see why having six 8 yr olds is so difficult? I mean, yeah, the pregnancy had to be hell but now its just like dealing with kids in a classroom. Teachers do it everyday. Why is this so amazing that Kate can? She doesn't even do alot. She has sooo many helpers what with the camera crew and all. Teachers of elem school don't get that kind of help. If we focus so much on Kate & Jon, shouldn't elem school teachers get their own shows too? And how hard is it to have fertilized squirted inside you rather than having alot of individual births?

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 3:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• wow tell me how you really feel :-p
    ya i've done 15 pre-k kids at once by myself......it is crazy, but can be done. mostly though, i dont like that kate woman. watched the show once and she angered me lol....i like watching the duggars....thats just me....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Huh? People can do either if they have a strong belief in god and family. Thats most of it. You have to have the desire to have all those kids. It's different when you just end up pg with 6 kids or you make teh decision beforehand to take all that god gives you.
    It's much different but maybe no easier to have many kids of different ages than many of the same age. The duggars have the older kids to help with the younger ones so mom doesn't have to chase them all at once. I'm sure that is a godsend. How you bring up these kids can also have something to do with how things work out.
    Kids of Divorced parents many times have problems to start with.
    There are just a lot of variables.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It's hard whether you have 5 or 10, teachers have limited time and duties, a parent has much more on their plate. I don't like either show, I want to have quality time with my kids and give them a chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• eh, at the same time, I think the duggars have their own helpers- their kids! I don't feel like they even try to personalize the time/needs of their kids. They have the older ones to help raise the younger ones. Granted, the parents seem to have their act together better than J&K. I think if Kate were a normal person, she'd have it way worse because you have to deal with 8 immature kids instead of a few staggered at any one time.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Both shows get on my nerves. They both have tons of help. The Duggers have their older children raising the younger ones. The children of both families don't even have actual quality time with their parents. Let's not forget they are basically living off their children. None of it looks right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• well see im OPs sister and we both know since we are the oldest of 11 that the older ones help with the younger ones but my mom was never not busy she did EVERYTHING the only things that we would do was like normal chores....vacuuming setting and clearing the table....putting away our clean laundry....nothing crazy its not like we were raising the little ones but we all did our part and i think thats what all kids should do every child should have chores. but i agree that both have help but J&K have it kinda easy now...back when they were littler im sure it was much harder even with help but now they can poop pee eat and dress themselves i wouldnt think its that hard and the duggars....it is soooo much harder to be pregnant with babies all the time mine are only 14 months apart about the same for all the duggars and i think that would be harder.
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 9:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I love the Duggars their children are so well behaved and Michelle is a wonderful mother who really sets a good example for her children to love God and to love on another.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thanks Jules. I was just gonna say that. That being from a large family, the older kids choose to help. We aren't forced to. I chose to pretty much raise my 3 year old brother for the first 6 months b/c my mom was very weak from bloodloss after having him. I was helping her heal faster. Having kids and certainly that many is hard on body and mind. And by helping out with the littler kids, the older kids help reduce the stress on their parents. Therefore, the parents won't freak out on the older kids for nothing. Think about it. If the parents are stressed, the whole family is stressed and then it's hard to function for anyone. So by helping their parents, the older kids actually are helping themselves.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 8:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How can you both be the oldest if there are no multiples in your family and why was your Mom sick for 6 months 3 years AFTER having him... totally confused
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Hi, I am the Mom of these 2 girls. I haven't been on this site for months and happened to come across this thread this morning quite be accident. Let me say that it is so funny to hear their ideas on this now. for you see, While they were growing up, and helping out, you would have thought I worked then like slaves ALL DAY and ALL Night, the way they complained. HaHA.
    But of course they helped out...a lot... but they were girls, they wanted to, the boys don't help out nearly as much, and I ask the same from them. All the children have chores, the older ones get harder chores then the younger ones. It is to their benefit to teach the younger ones how to do chores so they can pass down the responsibility.
    Julieobug is the oldest, totallywarped is #2 (but she always thinks she's the boss). I was very sick after having #10, took nearly 6 months to be 100%, he is 3 now
    It is ALL about God's plan and being willing to do it.
    sparky1

Answer by sparky1 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2009