Coupon advice?

OK, so I'm trying to be a good little shopper and use more coupons at the grocery store. I figure I should try and save money wherever I can. I mean if there is savings out there, then why wouldn't I take advantage of it! Ya know.

Any advice or good websites to do this? I have used coupons.com and some others. I swore there was a good site out there that helped you organize all of this.

Coupons are great, but geez...it's a pain getting it all organized and I don't just want to buy something because I found a coupon. I've mostly been printing them.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Jamie

Jamie-S

Asked by Jamie-S at 3:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I get my coupons on e-bay. For a dollar or two I can normally get hundreds of coupons. I then sort through them into different piles. 1 pile is for what I need or will use, another pile is for new products that I might want to try when I have a few extra dollars in our budget, and the 3rd pile is what I will not use or don't want. I normally send the 3rd pile to Army Bases in Europe. They can use the coupons 6 months after they have expired. Next, I have baseball card sheet holders with different categories on the top. For example, some categories would be food, household items, new products, pet care, etc. I then get all my food coupons together and put 1 coupon in each slot. I can see the coupon and see how much it is off and for how many items. I do this with all the categories. I put all the baseball card sheets in my Grocery Notebook.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

The trial is free, but even if you don't sign up - read the forums.  You'll learn more than you ever imagined and you can use it without the service if you want/have to.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Here are my best tips for saving at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

My favorite coupon sites are: www.mambosprouts.com www.eatingwell.com www.mypoints.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I buy the magazine "All You" at the store.... .it's usually FULL of coupons. I like the magazine to read too, but always end up getting my money back on what I paid for it, plus so much more because I use the coupons in it.

Also - take advantage of double coupons days at grocery stores if they offer it. I know Meijer does it every day.... I get a lot more money off doing it that way.

Plus check out websites to get money off coupons.. for stuff like Glade, Swiffer, etc. Most products offer some kind of coupon I've noticed. And a lot of restaurants offer free meals if you sign up online. I have also seen coupons on KFC.com, dairyqueen.com and some other places. It's always worth it to check it out! And I know where I work - Chili's - they have a coupon for a free appetizer if you sign up online.

It's just a matter of knowing where to look :) I also buy the paper on Sundays sometime too.
    Mandie2006

Answer by Mandie2006 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009