Affordable walking shoes

Now that my son can walk he needs to learn to walk in shoes, but his feet are so fat that shoes are either too big or too small. Does anyone know where to get sturdy, affordable shoes that accomodate fat feet and are good for toddlers learning to walk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I loved the shoes at Target for my toddlers - super flexible, super cute, and super affordable. Mine didn't have fat feet, so I can't say for sure the Target shoes would fit your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• First you should go to a shoe store where they can measure his feet. Look around can't find anything fine, but at least you will have the correct size to look for. I like Stride rite shoes, but they can be expensive. For me shoes are important and a good pair is important to me. But, my friend is different and she goes to payless for her daughter's shoes. Your best bet is to find a shoe store have them measure your child's foot and then go from there.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Stride right is your best bet. Sturdy shoes aren't really all that important until 18 months and up. Younger than that, they need to feel the ground with their feet. So soft shoes are best until then. After that age, I would suggest stride right because they have wide sizes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You just have to look around. I bought a pair at Walmart that were great, a pair at Target that were great and recently got mine some Crocs (she's 16 mo. now though and is walking much better). You want soft soled shoes with traction/gripping on the bottom. You want them to be able to feel the ground in the beginning. Don't worry too much about sturdy - they'll out grow them before they out wear them at this age.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009