"Removing Excuses From the Bedroom" -- Maritial Intimacy

Did anyone catch this on the radio today?

I was on my way to pick up my dd from school today and this woman was talking about sex in the Christian marriage. I thought it was good stuff and I wanted to share it and see what you guys think.

It is Dr. Julianna Slattery and I will post a link below
http://listen.family.org/daily/A000002202.cfm

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dr. Julianna Slattery 

"Removing Excused from the Bedroom" (Part 2 of 2)

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• But... but... but... I really DO have a headache!

Just kidding.

I'll give it a listen (don't know when I'll actually get to do anything though, LOL, my hubby goes to school in another state and isn't home much... and he's usually the one making excuses LOL). Thanks for posting.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think it's high time Christians discussed this type of thing. We act like sex between a husband and wife is dirty and it isn't. I'll check this out and post again later.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I listened to most of it before my computer locked up.  I have a huge problem with the "purity" that they are talking about.  Purity in a marriage bed is a physical thing, in other words, no infidelity.  But what goes on in the privacy of your own thoughts is private.  I think some sexual fantasies are a great way to keep the passion burning and there is nothing wrong with it.  This expectation of keeping your thoughts pure all the time goes against human nature and that sets you up for failure. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think it is very important for woman to start realizing that we cant depend on our husbands to be the only one to work on being a better lover. If you have unfulfilling sex life, then it is partly your fault. Both partners must be willing to learn what the other likes/dislikes, and be willing to try new things. As far as keeping your mind pure- i think she was talking about not fantasizing about "unholy" things such as homosexuality, bestiality, adultery, etc. I think that fantasy's are a wonderful part of having a fulfilling sex life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009