SCREAMING BABY

I need help from moms who cry it out. My daughter is 1 year on sunday and i do not want to go to bed with the bottle. She is still nursing but I am a in home child care provider and i need to be able put her down for a nap. I am letting her Cry It OUT but I don't know how long i can last. I hurt right now. Please offer words of encouragement. how long should i let her cry before going in there?

Update she's been crying for HALF AN HOUR!!! I WENT IN THERE PATTED HER ON THE BACK CALMED HER DOWN AND NOW SHE SCREAMING HARDER!!

axandra85

Asked by axandra85 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has cried up to 2 hours before. I tried over and over to go in and calm and comfort him and use those methods before doing the full out crying it out but he did the same thing, it actually worked him up MORE when I went in there. its VERY hard. I literally tried every other method out there before I did this and this was also the ONLY thing that worked/works for my son. So don't let people bash you for this! sometimes it IS necessary for some kids!!!! Hang in there mommy, I know its hard! email anytime you need support!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am confused your letting baby cry because you dont want her going to bed with a bottle?
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 3:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't know how long it will take but normally it gets better the second day.. then better yet the third, etc. and normally after only a week they are good to go. We had to do it with my DD with the bottle, but instead of taking it from her we just put water in it. She actually just lost interest because she didn't want the bottle, she wanted the milk. Good luck, though!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It depends on your baby. Mine was/is stubborn. Going into her room only escalates things for her (I did it anyway in the beginning...but for her, it just makes matters worse). I just tell my daughter that I love her and I'm not coming back into her room again...then I leave and really don't go back in. (Until she's asleep of course...and I run in to make sure she is okay). Make sure she is well fed before bed though - if she's crying for 30 min +, maybe she is actually hungry. Mine always gets milk about an hour before bed and then a snack right before the bedtime schedule.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009