Sippy cups?..

How old was you DS,or DD when you took or they gave up sippy cup. My DS will be 4 this Dec, and still wants to use his sippy..I don't want to take it from him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter was a little over 2 when we gave her a sippy cup. She's 5 1/2 now and at home it's the cup of choice for her. It doesn't effect her teeth and it doesn't make a mess when it's being used.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i never let my daughter have a sippy cup..she had a bottle when she was a baby, then she used the plastic juiceboxes til she was about 2..and then after that she used regular cups
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i love those nanny shows soooo they usually tell the kids they're giving the cups to little boys and girls and give them new "big boy" cups. you can use kinds with straws or cute lil regular cups. hopefully your son doesnt use it to go to sleep, that will be harder to get over. although my ss lost his sippy cup at my cousins we didnt buy anymore, and he hasnt used one since. it might be easier than you think!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well my son is 2 and still uses a sippy cup, but mostly in the car, otherwise he uses a regular cup. My 4 year old gave his up around the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mine were about 5. They do have delays so I didn't push it. I say if he likes the sippy leave him alone. What is more of a concern is what's in the sippy, as far as the tooth decay.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughter is 4 and we still use a sippy. She can drink just fine from a regular cup but she tends to not pay attention (too busy playing) and it gets knocked over. With dinner we try to use a regular cup because we are sitting at the table and there are less chances of her knocking it over when she isn't moving. At bedtime she gets a sippy cup with water and for the most part during the day we try to use cups with straws but mainly closed lids. This way if it does get knocked over it's not spilt everywhere, just a little clean up.
    lynda_dora

Answer by lynda_dora at 10:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• As long as the sippy cup has water, I wouldn't worry.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009