I'm trying to get an in home daycare started...any suggestions?

mcmullen.lauren

Asked by mcmullen.lauren at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Depends on your state and what the law states. Do an internet search of your state and day care and you'd be surprised of what you find.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Know your state, city and county laws and regulations for in home care. Network Network Network. Put the word out when you are ready to accept kids and be flexible. Parents schedules are crazy so some flexibility is a must.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 3:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Get your local childcare referral source, apply for a license... put together a hand book for your parents with your rules... set drop off and pick up time, charge per 15 min for late pick up, cover the holidays... I would do a flat fee per week child or no child, your license it limited to a number of children so a no show will cost you if it is day to day charge... you could look at doing an overnight care... many people work night shifts and the kids are in school during the day - this can be a very profitable angle - I would also encourage you to have a video system .... for your protection... keep the tapes for 6mo or so.... set a schedule and keep to it, you can find that without it childcare can be very draining .... been there, done that - now own my own digital product business from home - set my own hours and don't have to wait on parents to show or deal with payments from them... Good luck!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• hey sorry, forgot you can apply for some grants too, this will let you get equipment, yard work or home repairs done for set up.... some state agencies also offer assistance with start up costs... good luck-Kimber
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009