What type of washing detergent do you use or think is better for a newborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• drift for babies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Dreft laundy soap. it's expensive and I got mine at Costco's for the larger size. Used it for 2 years.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Dreft worked great and I love the smell! There are others that are cheaper, though. Totally Toddler is awesome for getting stains out, especially those spit up stains. They are tough and get on everything. It must be in the the laws of babies....change your shirt...get spit up on. Change your baby....they either poop up the back or spit up down the front. You'll need to change clothes (yours and theirs) about 2-3 times a day minimum.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I make my own laudry detergent. Gentle and effective as well as inexpensive. Super easy to make too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I used All free and clear. It's the same and as safe as Dreft, but half the price. It's just as safe for a newborn.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We used whichever brand had their "free and clear" on sale. Usually it was All or Arm & Hammer. Both worked great.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I make my own laundry detergent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I bought the expensive baby stuff for my first and then thought about how silly that was. Unless you are going to wash everything in that there is really no point. You will be holding the baby against your clothes and placing him/her on your bed or blankets. at some point you will use one of your towels for something...for the second we did not use anything special. I can see how you may want to if sensitive skin runs in the family.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I used dreft for a year then used reg tide. I have sensitive skin so I had to be careful with my kids about which soap I used but luckily the tide doesnt irritate them at all.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My favorite is All Baby. The smell of Dreft really bothers me. I tried the Target brand Baby and it really smelled bad and didn't get all the stains out. All Baby smells great and works even better. I have severe allergies and my son has eczema and we never had any trouble with All Baby. I was able to start using regular Cheer once my kids were around 10 months old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009