Could I have had a miscarriage?

So, on Friday my husband and I had sex. We have been using condoms. After sex I started to have the worst cramps and stabbing pain in my lower abdomen and around my butt. I took some tylenol and tums thinking it was just bad gas cause it ended up going away. The next day I had very faint cramps but didn't think anything of it. Then the last two days I've been having some spotting. My period isn't due to start for another week. What do you think is going on? Is it possible I've had a miscariage, or is it something else? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your period isn't due to start for another week, and you're pregnant?
    Or are you not sure you are, just have a suspicion...?
    I'm confused. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't know if am/was pregnant or not.
    Lanasmom06

Answer by Lanasmom06 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Maybe it's implantation bleeding. Your period isn't due for another week and you're spotting and cramping already. I cramped at 8 DPO and ended up being pregnant that cycle.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 4:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't think that you had a miscarriage. I'm kind of with bethany smith here, it's possible that it was implantation bleeding. Maybe you are pregnant, there is only one way to find out, take a test, and see :) Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Go to the doctor. You could have had an ovarian cyst rupture. I have had this happen and it sucks so much. Ovarian cysts rupture can cause symptoms like this:

1. feel like maybe you can poop it out, but you can't
    2. cramps like ninja throwing stars are in your uterus, stabbing, burning like acid
    3. hurts to pass gas or pass stool
    4. almost like a hernia feeling
    5. fluid that is brownish coming from your vagina

depending on the size of the cysts, you body will heal and absorb the fluid in a few days or weeks. I've always had large ones rupture. They last about 10 days each.

I stopped eating gluten and my cysts went away completely and I was able to get pregnant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009