Anyone's DH have a vasectomy?

Did your husband have a vasectomy, and if so, how was his recovery?
How long did it take and did they complain much....

Asked by 2coolmama at 9:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• yes, he did. recovery wasn't bad, but it is something that WE REGRET.... we thought for sure we didn't want anymore kids, but now I cry when I see babies... if we had the money we would be doing a reversal. There are other options, and if we were wise we would have done them. Those options also meant that I wouldn't have to be on BC!!!

• My hubby does not have one yet...but we are hoping for one more kid then he will get one. Four is our limit! (okay his! LOL!) My sisters dh had one done in his first marriage and he regretted. He got a reversal now him and my sis have two kids and they are done (medically my sis can't have more) so he is schedule to go again to be snipped LOL

My advice!!! Make sure you are is VERY EXPENSIVE to undo it! GOod luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes, my hubby had it 19 yrs ago. We left for vacation within 24hrs of the outpatient procedure! (His idea) We only drove 5hrs to dest. He rode practically the whole way with a cooler in his
    lap!!(I warned him). He is male, so yes he complained. Although it didnt keep him from going to the races later that night with best friend. Seriously, he recovered very quickly. It wasnt that big of a deal, and my hubby IS a Big Baby! Good Luck! P.S.Not having to worry about BC makes sex sooo much hotter!

Answer by kymom2boys at 11:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yeah, hubby just got fixed last winter. He thought it'd be no big deal, scheduled one day off of work, then back. Bad call. He overdid it from the getgo so he had some issues. And didn't read the recommendations to use a support strap to relieve pressure so his already normally large testicles got HUGE and very uncomfortable. It turned in to a 2 week recovery.

Answer by Trinjo at 1:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• SO had it done just a couple of months ago. He said it was a simple procedure, just in and out. All he had was some slight bruising, and he had to wear what he called "nut huggers" to make sure everything stayed in place during healing, which didn't take very long at all! He was such a trooper (even though I didn't want him to have it done) Having it reveresed is the more painful of the two procedures. . .

Answer by mcqlove87 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2008