How long have you breastfed?

I am curious to see how long some of the mommies here have breastfed? And if you are still breastfeeding when do you plan to wean and how?

babyg34

Asked by babyg34 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have been nursing for 15 months now, and honestly I would have weaned her 3 months ago, but I just can't. She loves to nurse, so I am just being patient.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mine is 20 months and STILL loves it!
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 12months
    12 months
    15 months
    The first time I was pressured to quit by my mother. The second time I was pregnant with the third baby. The third time I had been nursing for almost three years straight and was just done. If I have anymore babies I will probably nurse till at least 18 months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• first child - weaned at 13 months
    second - 15 months
    third - weaned 16 months
    nursed exclusively
    Boobs used to look like this ( . )( . ) now look like this U U !!!!! lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 26 months. We are down to only at night now. We need to wean. We have a new baby coming in April and we will be apart for a few days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Anonymous....how do you plan to wean your 26 month old? Any weaning advice from the rest of you :). Yes my boobs look like that too gigglemonsters ha ha!
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my son was 4 months. It was so sad but I couldn't afford to buy a pump that was worth a crap for a full time working mother. My daughter was 10 months. I was only working part time then. despite my efforts to keep my supply up it dropped and I was unable to get it back up even with the help of a consultant. I was soo sad both times.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my girl is 12 months and still happily nursing, i would sometimes like to wean her because her allergies restrict the hell out of my diet (i can't eat in restaurants AT ALL or eat bread or sauce or salad dressing, etc) but i have the rest of my life to eat soy and wheat and this is the only time that i'll ever be able to breastfeed my daughter so i'm gonna let her wean whenever she wants to.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 4:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughter self weaned at 15 months.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My dd is 29 months and an avid nurser. Our ds is also due in the next couple of weeks so we'll be tandum nursing. :)
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 7:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009