this question is about work

Okay I have a job interview tomorrow and am talking to another hospital also, who has already made me a salary offer and is just waiting on administration to sign off on it so we can proceed. My question is how do I hold off one job while waiting on the other job to let me know something? Because the job interview tomorrow is for day shift and I would really like that one, but I don't want to lose the other job offer waiting for this other job to come through or not. Does that make any sense. I just need advice on how to deal with this. Thank you!

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 4:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Take what you can get and be thankful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would go ahead and go to the interview. See what happens, you may not even like it. Or if it's better, you can always tell the other place you've changed your mind. Just accept whichever is offered first, and decline the one you don't want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Go to the interview. When you ask about wages (which you should) let them know that you have been offered a position at another hospital, but that you are very interested in this one. You can use this to your advantage very much so in getting better benefits and a higher wage if they want you.

You are still waiting for administration to sign off before you can proceed at the first hospital. No worries. Its not like you are starting tomorrow morning. Go to your interview and see how you like the place.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hi There! My name is Megan. I had my daughter in March of 2009 and immediatly knew that I wanted to be home with her as much as possible. I looked for a while for a way to earn a reliable income from home. Some of the things I found were scams, others were not what they promised to be. I recently found a wonderful 24 year old, BBB and inc 500 company. This company is rock solid and that is why I want to share it with you. If you are like me and need to stay at home but also need to earn a great income, with a legit company then please visit my website

www.workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn

Once you get to my website, click the Get More Info Now button! I will contact you shortly after you request the information!
    This just might be what you have been looking for too!

- Megan
    meg424@rocketmail.com
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 10:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009