Here is one just for the Catholics

Is your church getting rid of the Holy Water, Blood of Christ, and sign of peace in preparation of swine/regular flu season arriving?

Some schools just reported the first wave of swine flu with about 10% of the kids out. The first few patience are just returning to school but the schools and/or churches seem to be business as usual. I am girl who lives on the edge so I am doing the Body and Blood along with water and sign of peace.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't heard anything from my Church, so as of right now, it's business as usual.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No we are not. We've set out hand sanitizers for parishioners to use when they come in.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• we have the hand sanitizers in the children's classrooms at our parochial school but communion is business as usual as the prior poster mentioned (in NJ)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• what makes the water holy? what makes the blood of christ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• what makes the water holy?

When you say "holy" it makes it holy :-) really there is no magical powers in holy water.

what makes the blood of Christ?

The transubstantiation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We still have holy water. (It's water that has salt and is blessed. It's at the entrance to churches and Catholics make the sign of the cross with it to recall our baptism and put in the right frame of mind for worship).

But we no longer do the hand-shake of peace (we turn and nod to our neighbors) and they no longer offer the Blood of Christ during commmunion (aka - the Consecrated Wine).
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• maybe they should make it holy bleach water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No we're not, But Father made a point to say that if you're sick, or think that you might be coming down with something, that is a perfectly legal reason not attend Mass.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 2009 by: Anonymous
    maybe they should make it holy bleach water

funny you said that because I told my husband I am dump a bottle of alcohol in the water.

Keep it clean :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009