my hips hurt an im having random contractions but they arent getting closer an bby not moving much at all???

i am going in in a bit but my docs office is 130minutes away ughh should i be to worried im 36 wks an 4days

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby is likely just asleep from the motion of the contractions. You're far enough along to deliver without any major concerns for the baby but it doesn't sound like you're in labor if your contractions aren't getting closer together or stronger. It could just be Braxton Hicks. Is this your first baby? Its good your going in to get checked, but don't worry until they give you something to worry about. I've been having contractions for 2 mo. now and I'm only 7 mo. pregnant...this is my second though...its a little different.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• some of the contractions are very painful
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i wouldnt worry, as long as you feel at least one movement every now and then its okay, you have to remember baby is getting bigger and running out of room, but since you have an appt today, tell your doc, they can check to make sure everything is good. as for the pain, your hips hurt because they are spreading in prep for the birth, and contractions are normal, if they become stronger over time and are constant, then call labor and delivery, i hope that helped, gl
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009