how much should my baby eat`at 8 months

my baby turns`8 months tomorrow. what do you feed ur baby and how much at this age?

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 4:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 8 months she was on table food mostly and some baby food still.
    I have always just fed my child till she acted full

www.mamasaurus.net
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• As much as he/she wants. At this point formula/breast milk is still providing all necessary nutrients. Until 1 year, solid food is really just practice. At 8 mo., mine was on mostly textured baby food (I made my own) with some finger foods mixed in...baby mum mums, cheerios, avocado and banana. At a little after 9 mo., my daughter rejected the spoon and went entirely to finger foods (steamed, diced fruits, veggies, cereal, etc.). I will say, that the more variety you can put in baby's diet now, the better eater you'll have when he/she is a toddler. I've noticed that after the first year, my toddler hasn't been too interested in new foods...so I'm glad I gave her such variety in her first year.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009