Weird breast feeding question....

Okay I know this is really messed up. I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and last time I started lactating at 3 months pregnant. My son is only 6 months old and I stopped bfing him when he was 3 months old and my milk supply is gone. I feel bad I just didn't try hard enough. Anyways my question is if my milk comes in early for this pregnancy again, could I start bfing my son again? I know how weird this question is please no rude answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you can. I've read that if you get pregnant, there is no real reason to stop breastfeeding, so I don't see why you couldn't start back up if your milk comes in again. You will need to seriously increase your calorie intake and make sure you're getting lots of vitamins. You don't want to steal any nutrients from the unborn baby to make breast milk. You should talk to your doctor or a lactation consultant about it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If he will take it i dont see why not. Sometimes when your pregnant the baby bf ing doesnt like the taste b/c it changes but if he likes it then make sure you will be giving enough nutrition to your baby as well... I would start up again if i was in your position :) good luck and congrats on your 2 nd pregnancy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Absolutely.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes~ what a great idea!

(I want to hug you through the computer!!)
    :-D
    Yes, you can at least try. If you need help then there are groups on here, La Leche for real-life help, and personal Lactation Consultants to help more.

((*Are you at-risk for preterm labor, by chance?))
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well bf'ing releases the same hormone that causes your uterus to contract so I'd be realllllllyyyyyy careful and make sure my doc knows what I am doing. When I tried it I ended up with a miscarriage whether or not that was the cause IDK, but it is possible. But every body is different so you might be able to pull it off.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hmmm....my son was born at 35 weeks so maybe it isn't such a good idea. I had 3 miscarriages before him so I wouldn't want to do anything dangerous for the baby. Thanks for the imput though ladies. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009