The REAL Healthcare victims...

Are you looking out for them?

http://pol.moveon.org/insurance_execs/?id=17291-15517297-5kGqQJx&t=2&reloaded=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• the real healthcare victims are those who already have their own private insurance, but would have been forced to accept a public plan....you know, punishing those who have taken care of themselves and their families! thankfully the public option is off the table, and that will mean the death of this horrible plan goes along with it.

if the government just took care of the 8-10 million who truly do not and cannot obtain health insurance die to pre-existing medical conditions, not because they simply haven't enrolled, instead of forcing 290 million people to accept the government plan, this bill likely would have passed already.

oh, and then if say obama could have just cut the medicare budget by 600 million like he wants to without a 1000 page document accompanying it, we wouldn't be in this predicament.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I love this part: "80% of the American people support the public plan... but when you think about it, who's really supporting it? Other than 80% of the American people." Seriously, I'm laughing so hard I have tears.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 5:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm looking out for me and my family. It's not my responsibility to worry about others. I take care of my own. I'll fight for our rights to have the kind of health-care and insurance WE WANT, NOT what the government wants us to have.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Moveon.org.........really? I know why YOU posted anon, because if you had used your avatar your credibility would be shot!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 80% of the American people do not support a public option. Moveon.org is not a reliable source for anything as it is a far left organization.

Obama's healthcare iniciative is NOTHING but a POWER GRAB. If he can't make a full on frontal assault to take 1/6th of the US economy he will attempt to do it through the backdoor. Thankfully, there are people smart enough to see what is going on and have moved mountains to attempt to stop it.

I would say 80% of the people are for REFORM, not a government takeover of yet another industry.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Loved it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We already have victims now, the seniors and disabled on Medicare. Right now the government is making cuts to the medicare programs (MAPD) and physicians. Physicians are wanting to drop out of the program completely because they aren't getting a decent reimbursement as it is and a cut will just get them closer to giving their services away for free. The cuts to the medicare programs such as medicare advantage plans (which serve millions of Americans that cannot afford a high premium supplement but can't afford to pay 20% that medicare doesn't cover) are causing the medicare advantage plans to now charge much higher copays and premiums, making it unaffordable for the majority of low income members that it serves. If the government cannot afford to run medicare properly then how in the hell can they afford to run a government insurance industry over the whole country without charging everyone an arm and a leg in taxes?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My son was in a car accident today, so we were at the ER. In there were all of the "uninsured" with their children who were "sick". These "sick" kids were running around, yelling and playing. They went back and saw an ER doctor while my son sat in chairs with his arm injured. My son has no insurance, but the "poor" with medicaid were there with their obviously not sick kids filling up the ER while a person in pain had to wait until his "turn". He wasn't refused service because he had no insurance, but the "poor" were using the ER as a doctor's office. We really don't need this UHC. It is bad enough with the government insurance we already have. (If you notice, I haven't labeled the medicaid patients as any race. That fact is immaterial to the discussion.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Ask Eric Cantor who told a woman who's friend lost her job and insurance and was dying of stomach ulcers and needed surgery to either try for medicaid (gov't run) or go to a charity.....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009