How much did you spend on your first childs' nursery? What about your second?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 4:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Since my child was the first grandson on my side of the family EVERYTHING was given to us at my baby shower, so we didn't pay anything! I THINK all tolled, the nursery decor (not including crib, dresser, changing table and rocker recliner chair) cost around $700. With furnishings it cost around $3000--part of that expense was a convertible crib which is now my older sons full-size bed, and the dresser was a regular (non-youth) size set--to grow with my son.

Since I ended up having a second boy, we left the nursery decor "as is" except we had to buy a convertible crib and dresser (just reused the changing table).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• probably more than I should! I was an ebay queen! we also hand made the bedding because I had my heart set on a beatrix potter theme and I wanted it to look more european than cartoonish. I would say around $200. The second is going to inherit her nursery because I still think its very nice and works for either sex. But the room we're moving our first into is just going to get a paint job, crown moulding and some wainscotting up 2/3 the wall. She'll need a bed and we'll take the table and chairs she's getting for christmas up there since its a larger room. Otherwise, we aren't spending more. She's aquired enough to fill two rooms over the past year or so!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• $200 for the crib, $40 for the bedding. All we had was the crib, we didn't do anything else and slowly as she has gotten older I've added a few things here and there. The crib had an attached changing table but that was the only thing in her room.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009