Too close?

My son is 9 months old. I am due again in may. They will be 17 months apart. Are they too close? Will it affect the health of the new baby?

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope my kids are 16 months apart and now there 7 1/2 and 9 there really close they fight alot more but when it comes to school or outside they are best friends
    dezeray27

Answer by dezeray27 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am pregnant with #2 and mine are gonna be 13 months apart. i know a lot of people who have kids close together and it's fine. Actually the moms I've talked to said they are glad bc their kids go through the same stages around the same time.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mine are 19 months apart and just fine. I am SO glad I had them close together. They are best buddies and hit about the same interests and stages at the same times now. They are 4 and 3 and wonderful.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughters are exactly 14 months apart. My 1st dd does great with the new baby, she isnt jealous or mean to her at all, she loves her sissy and gives her kisses all the time. Just make sure u do two things. 1:prepare your son. with my dd we got a baby doll and taught her how to be nice to baby. 2: when the new baby comes, spend lots of time with your son. Even if you really want to just spend sometime with your new little one, it could make your son jealous. Let him help you with little things like getting the diaper or wipes. best of luck
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My first two are fourteen months apart, and the middle one and the one I am currently expecting are going to be eighteen months apart............chaos, but fun! They are healthy(the ones that are here anyway) but it is a little bit harder on your body, ideally doctors say to wait at least two years between birth an conception, but as long as you have support(i.e.babysitters!) you'll be fine(so you can get adequate rest) We don't have anyone to watch the kids, but we're fine!
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 4:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009