Swine flu Vaccine

Hi everyone -
I was recently offered the regular flu vaccine in addition to the swine flu vaccine for my 18 month old son. I am really considering not doing this because when he had the flu vaccine last year, he got really sick. After that, I told myself I wouldn't do it again. Besides, I never had the flu shot until I was pregnant in '07-'08. I really don't want to put this stuff into my son, but there are more and more reason TO do it. I work in healthcare and in the school systems. I don't want to bring anything home to my son. Anyway, what are your opinions?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am on the fence about the swine flu vax. It is at my older child's school, which means he has been exposed. My middle kid is coughing and sneezing and brings home everything under the sun but rarely gets it herself. And the little one is in and out of the older one's school all of the time.

As for the seasonal flu, I always get it and have since getting pg w/my 11 yr old. The one year I missed because I was too close to having given birth and nursing, well we all got the flu. The clincher was when the flu hit late and DD managed to get it - she was so sick that she was delusional at my kitchen table in the middle of the night. I will do everything I can to prevent that from happening again.

Personally, I would get it since you are getting exposed to a lot of things out there. If you were home most of the time, then maybe not. Yes, people can die from the flu, but it will hopefully never be like 1919 again.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I personally will not do either. The swine flu vaccine has not been tested enough and I think the drug companies are just trying to cash in on peoples fear. Both vaccines have very scary ingredients like mercury (in the form of Thimerisol) and I refuse to inject that crap into my kids.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 6:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't touch that Swine Flu vaccine, and I definitely wouldn't give it to a child that young.

I don't do the regular Flu Vaccine either. Everyone I know that gets it still gets the Flu, and they usually get a worse case of it than my non vaccinated family does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I personally would not get it or even consider giving it to my baby. I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist, but i was sent this link in an email today which might answer your question:

http://www.fluscam.com/Affidavit.html
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• were getting the flu shot but not swine,herd they have only tried it on 600 people,dont know all the symptoms yet.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2009