Can other cultures (besides whites) be considered "red-necks"?

I have always wondered this because seriously, I know alot of people who can fit into every aspect of the "...you just might be a redneck" jokes. Except for maybe Nascar. And they are so not white. Just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I suppose if you are attributing the term "red-neck" to a list of characteristics then certainly any race could fit the bill BUT it is a stereotype that is typically pinned on just us country-fried white people, lol.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think redneck is the same thing as white trash, except white trash live in the city & rednecks live in the country. But, yeah...i think it's generally termed for white people, w/ no class. I actually know a few people who don't mind being called a redneck...had no idea that some like the term.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes I been to areas of Puerto Rico where they are seriously rednecks. Cowboy hats, obsessed with horses never close their doors like it is a barn with chickens and stray dogs running a muck in their kitchen. Need i say more lmao.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think when using the term redneck, it is now more used to describe characteristics of some people and not necessarily actual "rednecks" Some of the stuff on those list i've seen around my town and the people there are the last ones you would call redneck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• redneck to me means nothing like white trash....i think white trash is the low side of the spectrum....us rednecks well at least we take our wheels off the trailers hahahaha.....but seriously i dont mind being called redneck....to me its just country loving and living, and big trucks, i love it!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well I dont think Redneck is the same thing as White Trash...
    Redneck to me is not really a bad thing...but being a hillrod is...

babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 5:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Red necks come in EVERY color of the rainbow! Were ALL the SAME race people! The HUMAN Race!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yea rednecks can be intelligent perfectly fine people while white trash is well trash!
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009