I had a tubal ligation and 2 years ago I had to have a hysterectomy, only my uterus was removed, what I'm wondering is can I get a reverse of the tubal ligation to retrieve an egg and carry the baby to term via a seregate mother?

can i get a reverse tubal ligation to retrieve an egg even if I have had a hysterectomy? I still have my ovaries.

cristinesf

Asked by cristinesf at 5:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You do not need your tubal reversed to do egg retrieval. You only have to have a reversal if you intend to get pregnant naturally and carry the baby in your own uterus. You'll have to check with your doctor about the specifics and to find out if you are a good candidate for egg retrieval. GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• They go use a needle to go straight into the ovary for egg retreival, they don't scope through the tubes....so no worries there.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009