Is it common practice to leave little ones home alone to go grocery shopping?

My friends (yes, they are more than one) do this. I didnt know at first until last weekend when one of them mentioned she had gone to the store and left her 2 year old and 1 year old home alone. Her reasoning was that they were taking a nap and she NEVER wakes them up from their nap. Plus that is the only time she has during the day to get things done. The are asleep and so would not get into any trouble while she was gone.

Isnt this illegal? . I would never ever think about doing this. As much as I love my time alone while grocery shopping, I have never left my kids alone at home. Do other moms do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cha right... tell me another story.... You can't even use your real name, because this is such BS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No NEVER! I would report her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oh that's awful.. I couldn't imagine ever doing this, no matter how many times I've wanted to - that's too bad.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That is seriously illegal. Please call CPS, friends or not - they are putting their kids at HUGE risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think you're the one that does it and are asking if anyone else does cause you feel guilty. And if it's NOT you, then why ask...really. You think other Mom's do that??? Come on!
    Anonymous

• I've never seen it done, i can see getting a babysitter so you can go, but leaving them alone is messed up.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It is completely illegal. It is never okay to let kids that young be home alone for any amount of time.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am the OP and some of the women on this site need to grow up. I wont stoop to you level anon 2:05. You can move on along now to the next question and give your childish opinions there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well even if it is BS, I really hope NO mothers would be that STUPID!!! Seriously...m
    Anonymous

• I would NEVER leave my kids alone at home. EVER! But then again, I have no need to prove anything to strangers on the internet. I just asked if this was common practice as these women didnt think it was a big deal. They both do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009