Essure - How scary

Essure is a permanent birth control procedure. The doctor inserts small flexible micro-inserts™ into your fallopian tubes. The body grows tissue into the insert to block the tubes. Sounds like future cancer to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• Scar tissue is not the equivalent of cancer. Cancer cells have something wrong with their "programming" so they either don't die when they're supposed to or replicate rapidly and uncontrollably. Scar tissue, on the other hand, simply forms until the threat has been contained. Learn a little biology before making stupid statements.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had this done 2 1/2 years ago and I love it. It was easy, no recovery time and it works. I have other scars too.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sounds like failed BC to me. Like getting your tubes tied. On this site I have seen hundreds of women who THOUGHT the Dr tied their tubes but got preggo anyways. Just scary.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What exactly are you basing your "Sounds like future cancer to me" statement on?? Do you have a study or medical journal article that you could site?? Please explain the corrolation of Scar tissue to cancerous tissue?? Sound like a completely in educated statement to me!!

I had this done 18 months ago... best thing I ever did!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009