Floods in Georgia and Traveling

I live in the Northwest part of Georgia and luckily our town didn't get hit too bad. We have a few roads that were flooded but thankfully no deaths. I need to travel to Athens, GA tomorrow and I want to make sure I avoid any flooded roads. Is there a website where I can check to see if my route is through any flooded or closed roads? Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 5:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Travel

• Try your state's DOT website. I check the ones for AZ and NM when I have to travel back and forth and there's been storms in the area I travel through. They report mostly snow, but I've gotten reports about washed out roads, avalanches and other stuff through them, too.

Good luck!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Watch the local news and I'm sure they will tell you which towns are flooded. Id avoide Atlanta if you can maybe go north into the next state and go way around any flooding.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yeah the state DOT has the listings. I am hoping by tomorrow most of it will be cleaned up! Plus the Barrow county (near Athens) schools never closed so I'm not sure how bad they got hit either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009