Is a job, a job?

I am in search of a job. Today's job search was conducted at the mall. I found a job and applied at Hot Topics. I figured a job was a job. My kids think I am crazy. I told them a job is a job. Do you think this way too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• go for it, and have fun!! :) make that money..
    ..to fit in dye your hair and peirce you lip!..< not being mean...or bashing..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• do u know what hot topic is? lol.... ur kids say ur crazy bc of the type of store.. but to me yes a job is a job. making 0.00 to making ANYTHING is better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Maybe they don't think you're "cool" enough to work there or something. You should work wherever you want to work.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yep, any job you can do when your family needs the income is a good enough job.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• YES, I know what Hot Topics is, I had to go into the store to apply, didn't I??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• When your wondering how to bring $ in to pay the electric or food bills YES a Job is a job. ANY job is better than NO job.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well, yes, a job is a job. But let me warn you Hot Topic is really strict. We weren't even allowed to take emergency phone calls... My son fell and ended up in the ER... I never even got the message!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• a job is a job... I work 36.5 hrs a week. but hubby is unemployed and still looking for a job. Since JUNE.. we have a house-A daughter-Bills.....I am the only one with an income.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If you're desperate, then, sure...a job is a job...so long as it's legal. But, if you're not, then no....don't sell yourself short for something that you won't enjoy or has no career ladder. Quality of work life is important, too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009