NEED SOME ADVICE

MY HUSBAND AND I SPLIT UP AND HE WILL NOT LET ME HAVE MY SON LUCIAN. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY SON? I LIVE IN COLORADO AND I TRIED TO HAVE THE COPS THERE TO LET ME BE ABLE TO TAKE LUCIAN WITH ME AND THEY SAID THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO ABOUT IT CUZ IT WAS A DEMESTIC THING AND I HAD TO TAKE IT UP WITH A JUDGE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME?

lilmamaof209

Asked by lilmamaof209 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't have left without my son. I would call a lawyer !ASAP!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Go to court and get custody of your child...other than that there is nothing that can be done.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I gree with the first poster, unless he can proof you are unfit mother no judge will ever award an infant to the dad.

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Your wrong older. There are MANY more men getting custody of kids today because they guys are working and can provide for the kids and if she's a sahm then the case for her getting the baby will not be good in front of a judge. You dont have to be unfit to not get custody. All the ex needs to show the judge is he can provide better for the child than the mother. CALL A LAWYER, Go to the states attorney and explain your situation.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yep, court is the only way to get full custody. If you go through all the courts and he still wont let you have him, then you take him back to court and have him locked up.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Vbruno, in my state of Florida, an infant 95% of the time will never be given to the dad, just because of his age, here they have to prove you are unfit, I don't really know how other states do it.
    My husband has been an attorney for over 35 years years, this is how I know.

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• go to court, so sorry your going through this,, but a douchebag, hang in there
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009