VCF birth control question TMI

so my hubby and i recently started using VCF, vaginal contracteptive film...i really like the idea of it but it makes me DRY even when i'm doing things that normally make me WET (sorry TMI)...has anyone else every experienced this? i have used some lubricate KY but i don't like it, it just doesn't feel natural to me...any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated...i don't want to take the pill because i'm breastfeeding and don't want it to hurt my supply...thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• No ideas. I had the same problm w/ VCF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• *problem

Oops!
    Anonymous

• 1. You are dry because of breastfeeding.
    2. There are natural lubricants too, at the healthfoodstore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have heard that BFing makes you dry too I personally haven't had that problem with BFing or with the VCF. I would try a tiny tiny bit of a thicker gel lube.
    Dinosaursmommy

Answer by Dinosaursmommy at 7:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I breastfed for 23 months and never had a dryness problem.

What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2009