Help!! Anyone know where to get a leap pad repaired in the New England area? Or any one I could mail it to in Cafe Land?

I have a leappad that takes the 6 x 9 books with a cartridge. The left side will not read. The right side is fine. Leapfrog company sent me a new stylus pen. It worked great almost through a whole book and then ... Same problem again. Anyone have any hubbies out there who do small electronics repair??? It appears to me to be a mis connection at the plug in side, or
a wire that goes from right side to left. When it was working, the sound matched the book, so it's not in the internal board. Hoping so much someone can help. My Granddaughter Jordyn is very disappointed. It's a pink and purple set for girls and we have over a dozen books and cartridges for it and it would be a shame to take a chance on ebay and still not have a working unit.

SweetiesGrammie

Asked by SweetiesGrammie at 6:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would suggest looking on ebay or freecycle for a 'new' one if all else fails...did you write the company back? they may have another suggestion for you. Make sure they know this is a repeat problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I just gave one away yesterday, like new. I'm so sorry. Or I would have just sent this one to you for free. I too would suggest freecycle, and Good Luck! We loved our LeapPad.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am not sure... I would talk to the company see what they say. Other wise look on craigslist or freecycle. I am actually looking for more books to use for my daughters, She has had her for a little while now. And now that she is in 1st grade she is starting to like it much more. So I am looking for any books and games for it.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2009