Is Obama a socialist?

RNC Chairman Michael Steele recently sent a fundraising letter saying that President Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress are attempting a “socialist power grab.” Today on Meet the Press, host David Gregory pressed House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) on whether such was appropriate. Boehner tried to dodge the question, insisting that “you can call it whatever you want,” but the fact is that Obama’s the one scaring the American public. Gregory continued to ask whether Boehner believes Obama is a socialist, to which he finally admitted he doesn’t:

GREGORY: Do you really think the President is a socialist?

BOEHNER: Listen, when you begin to look at how much they want to grow government, you can call it whatever you want, but the fact is —

GREGORY: What do you call it though?
BOEHNER: This is unsustainable. We’re broke.
GREGORY: That’s fine. Do you think the President is a socialist?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• BOEHNER: No!

GREGORY: Okay. Because the head of the Republican Party is calling him that.

BOEHNER: Listen, I didn’t call him that, and I’m not going to call him that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bna34xOJoDA

The LIES are falling apart now. First Beck admits McCain would have been WORSE, (bye bye Hitler references) Cantor can't answer about a "republican counter healthcare proposal" and not Boehner admits Obama is NOT a socialist....Do you SEE your being PLAYED?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I could give a flying flip over whether a repub congressman who wields ZERO power answers a question as asinine is whether he thinks the president is a socialist. I am MUCH more interested in why the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES only goes on WH friendly media outlets and answers softball questions.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agree with momof 030404!
    trishmused

Answer by trishmused at 6:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• momof..

Do you even know who Boehner is? I don't think so. He is in no way without power. Please educate yourself before making absolute insane statements!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• He may not have wanted to call him a socialist because he is a marxist.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hey anon...honey....NO REPUB wields real power right now! The Dems have enough seats to vote in anything they want. DONT CARE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY....want to hear the PRESIDENT answer REAL questions from people who DONT kiss his @ss.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No Obama is a Marxist.

SEE!-----> Marx·ist \-sist\ noun or adjective: the political, economic, and social principles and policies advocated by Marx; especially : a theory and practice of socialism including the labor theory of value, dialectical materialism, the class struggle, and dictatorship of the proletariat until the establishment of a classless society.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• momof..

Problem is -Boehner don't have any idea how to use his power. He is the LEADER of republican side. Stop making excuses for lawmakers in D.C. both sides.

When will people learn that CONGRESS makes laws ,President signs them.That is what's wrong with our sountry ,our senators  & house of representives listen their voters. Both sides . The blame came will not take us nowhere. It is easy to blame the President and just give the klouns in CONGRESS  a free pass.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I KNOW that president has the POWER to VETO. Meaning he can VETO any crappy bill that the DEM controlled house and senate will try and shove through...but he WONT. I KNOW that he has the POWER to stop Eric Holder from ruining our national security by stopping the CIA investigation....but he WONT. I KNOW that the president doesn't hold ALL power but he holds WAY MORE than the house MINORITY leader of the republican (not in control of the house or senate) house. Whether house MINORITY leader agrees with what ANOTHER man said is irrelevant. Whether the PRESIDENT wants or means something DOES. I do not give the house and senate a free pass....but I find it fascinating that those that blamed bush for everything to natural disasters are suddenly giving THIS president a pass and blaming the house and senate. If YOU believe what you say to be true you must ALSO believe that Bush was at the mercy of those same groups....right?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 100% is a socialist!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009