what did you need at the hospital when you had your baby?

im having a boy and im trying to decide how many outfits/hats to pack and such. and what should i pack for myself?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they have a list on things on babycenter.com so u wont forget anything!!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 6:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Definately pack some comfortable clothes for yourself, but something you won't mind if it gets ruined,'cause if you have a vaginal delivery (I don't know about c-sections) you will probably bleed on them. You'll also want shampoos and deodorant and that kind of stuff, because a shower will never feel so good as it will right after having a baby! As far as the baby, I don't think you really HAVE to bring anything except for an outfit to go home in. I liked to bring my own sleepers for them though, 'cause I didn't like the white shirt things the hospital puts on them, but that's completely optional. I'm sure I missed some stuff, but you could always check with you OB, I'm sure they'll have a much better idea of what you'll need. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I didn't take anything except the outfit to bring my kids home in and a car seat. The hospital gave me everything else

Answer by admckenzie at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I brought one outfit to wear home. I wore gowns while I was in the hospital. I am usually there about 4 days due to the fact I have to have c-sections.
    nov69

Answer by nov69 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I took a couple different outfits in different sizes. I brought my own pads because i hate hospital ones, my own undies and pajamas for the same reason. Nursing bra and pads, ummm.....personal hygiene things and a set of clothes for myself to come home in. I think that was about it!

Dont forget the camera though! I did that with my first! And the carseat! Forgot that one with my second! My mom had to bring it to me! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009