to all of you mad that smokers have wic and you have to pay the tax dollars on it

I will have you know that cig tax has went up to make smokers pay for your new roads and school programs so If I have to pay for new road and all kind of other things the cig tax increase went to then we are even also so dont think you are paying for it all by yourself we pay taxes on those cigs.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 6:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thankyou for posting this! I'm so sick of the questions about crap like that, it's ridiculous!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ummmmm....question? or just a vent...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hmmm...but the money you spend on that tax...where does it come from? Save the money you spend on cigs and the tax and maybe you wouldn't need WIC
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• cigs cost 40 dollars a month formula cost 200 do the damn math it would even out, I get wic bc we dont make over 3800 a month with a 4 person family its not a welfare thing, everyone uses wic you know when you were at the hospital and the nurse gave you that bottle of formula it was from the wic program. its not just for poor people you are so dumb and close minded that you cant see pass your imaginary world of perfectness. you need to stop worring about how I save money or how i fed my family bc either way it woud never be good enough for you, I trhink you are one of those women who alway look for something to complain about bc you hate your life so much.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• amen annon 328! if you didn't smoke maybe you'd have enough money to feed your babies.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 6:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• maybe if you saved the money for milk and food and such you wouldnt need wic. seriously..if you quit smoking you'd be suprised at how much money you would have and then you wouldnt need the goverment to support ya! and also this rant doesnt make much sense because the tax payers dollar that goes to feed you and yours, what benifit does that have on the people who pay for it? none..and the cig tax that you pay he;ps the school programs that your kids will need as well as the roads you drive on..so you benifit form your cig tax..not comparible dear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I didn't get the formula when I gave birth. And I limit myself to 1 tank of gas a week to save money. I don't have cable, house phone, don't eat out and waste money, work 50 hours a week, only have 1 child because that's all we can afford right now, DH has a second job, and we are not on WIC. Even if I did get formula at the hospital, I would make sure that I supported myself well enough to not use it. I never said WIC was a welfare thing but cutting costs will ensure that I don't have to rely on someone else to support myself. And Cigarettes are a LUXURY not a NEED
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• it didnt go to fix our roads here or our schools it went to all the big cities so it didnt benefit me what so ever, I dont need wic to make it is just there to I take advantage of it. If i quit smoking I coould buy 1 can of formula each month with the money I saved....wow.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Here's a thought to ALL the women who smoke and are on WIC...if you didn't smoke, you wouldn't need formula because then you could breast-feed and save yourself a fortune on both cigarettes and formula. Food for thought...
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• you dont smoke it is not a luxury it is a addiction yall are so freaking dumb i am done talking to you wic will always be there and i will use my wic for the next year I just get formula I dont get anything else. We can afford whatever we want, I have way more nice things then you ever will and you know why bc I save money by using wic.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009