When will parents w/ "needs" kids learn!?

A new story a 9 year old boy was locked in a room,stripped down and kept there til his mom came. He has ODD,and was kicking the teacher when trying to restrain him. I'm not sure why they stipped him,but his mom said he doesn't listen to authority..why is he in a regular school than?! When will parents learn,you send these kids to a normal school things like this can and will happen! Only the parents can prevent it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• if a child acts like this they need punished--bottom line [not stripped though]...if my child was like this,it'd be homeschooled,so s/he wouldnt take away from others who will actually use/need it....IMHO
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Never.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• And what they did to the child is okay?!!?!?! Regardless, you dont strip a child and lock them into a room. WTH
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my nephew has ODD and he is in regular school, he does need to be on meds for that and his ADHD. not listening to authority is part of the ODD, so obvously this kid just needs some help and some understanding teachers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• @ anon 6:47..understanding teachers have nothing to do w/ it..if a child is kicking a teacher,that teacher needs to discipline them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• so you discipline the child by stripping him and locking him in a room all day! regardless of his needs that is cruel and unusual punishemtn and were that my kid i would raise all kinds of cain about this!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Elananme: I do not agree w/ stripping him down. But for disrupting and kicking he needed punished..if it was a normal child they would have punished him/her too! Its about time they punish those "needs" kids like others!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am a parent of a special needs child of a different catagory. He is under federal law and has the right to go to school. He is not violent. He was hurt in a classroom once, not seriously by a child that got mad at the teacher, and pushed my son hard enough that he fell and really whacked his head and had to be taken to the nurse. No I was not happy. NOT at all. They did things differently with that child and no more incidents. I agree with MommyLee08 100% that you do not strip a child and lock them in a room. Would you want to be stripped naked in front of everyone? That would add to my self esteem. Locked in a room a child can inflict personal harm to him/herself. this is nonsense. Heaven help me if they ever did that to my child.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 7:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Or we could be teaching our educators how to handle children with different needs.

How demeaning and abusive to this child - whether he kicked the teacher or not, this is absolutely reprehensible.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 7:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• SEEKEROFSHELLS. . I do not agree w/ stripping him down
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009