I know this shouldn't bother me but...

My SIL is always talking about how she gets to go shopping! Not only that but she puts pictures of any recent possession she gets on FB. Like a new diamond ring or her new SUV. My brother works his butt off so that she can stay at home. She talks about how she can't do without his recent raise cuz she is used to having the money. She says she has to go shopping because that is what she's used to. I know it shouldn't make me mad but it does! Do you know anyone like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Can we say golddigger?? I'm a SAHM too and my boyfriend busts his butt, but I don't just spend all the money on shopping all the time. If I need something I say so, but I don't ask for anything more than what I need because he also pays all the other bills and that would be mean.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yep and secretly they are in debt to their eyeballs.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agee with Jademom. I know it's not all people, but I have found that most people who brag about the expensive stuff they buy are really insecure and in debt. Like my sister's husband. He is always bragging about how much money he makes, the new truck he bought, the rims he bought for said truck, their new cell phones or flat screen tv. Yet my sister's bill collectors keep calling me looking for her because they are constantly getting loans and not paying them off. I, on the other hand, can't stop talking about how lucky I got that I was able to buy a truck off the side of the road, still in good shape and now I have no car payments! I'm not afraid to admit to them I bought it used. Or that I bought my purse at the flea market!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Perhaps she needs pity not anger. She is setting herself and her husband up for a crisis. She doesn't need a huge catastrophy to crash and burn. It is sad that someone is caught up in that trap, where they think they have to have the most possesions. She could never be happy with the simple pleasures.
    ysmeine

Answer by ysmeine at 7:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• reality will hit her between the eyes one day. if she keeps this up someone will see all her valuables and go rob them. she needs to quit showing the world her stuff. there are bad ppl in the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't really know anyone like that, but if a woman like that was with my brother, I wouldn't like it either.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I completely know what you mean. my sil use to be like that. I stayed away from her cause i really didnt care about the brand new house she got. the new altima and her brand new ashley furniture. all it did was strees my brother out to maintain her high maintnence and they ended up losing evrything. she has since come back to earth but you can still see her shopping habit when they get a few extra bucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009