my 3 year old daughter is soooo hyper is this ok do i need to tell her doc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Id be looking at how much sugar and salt your putting in her diet thats making her so hyper. cut out the juices and junk food. That should help allot. If it dosnt stop her being hyper then talk to the Dr about why she is hyper.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• why do you want to medicate your daughter at 3yo. Kids are supposed to have lots of energy. Just hope you have enough to keep up with them.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• She's 3. That may be just her at that age. My ex mil had to be tied to a clothes line so she wouldnt leave the yard, she was born over 60 years ago. I miss old school mothering,lol. The lady grew up to be a very classy , intelligent, gentile woman. And shes a ministers wife. I dont think they went to the doctor everytime she was over active.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• at 3 the doc's won't say anything about it. trust me, been there. Now that my son is 5 and having the same issues the Ped is working with me to find a solution. they will not diagnose him with anything until age 6. Until then we are doing behavior and food modifications. When he turns 6 if we still are having issues he will get a refferal to a child psychologist for further evaluation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sorry that is not true Butmommie....My niece has been hyper since she could walk..and My SIL thought it was just the age...Well, Come to find out at age 4 she was acting up in school and wouldnt ever listen in school...They got her checked out and came to find out she has ADHD...So now she is on meds! If you have good doc they will look into it...Does you child not listen when you tell him to do something? Just make sure you child is Obeying and such...He prob is just Hyper and want to be a reg 3yr Old! just WAtch him!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Why is the epidemic of ADHD just in these latest decades. People growing up with me werent having drugs shoved down their throats so teachers can have a quiet classroom . Where in the parent books does it say to medicate your overactive child?
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009