what are they goin to say now about people who get wic now get baby food?

to starve our kids or wait a yr to feed them solid food LMAO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They get babyfood now? I have Wic and only get cereal which we don't use. It provides no more vitamins than breastmilk anyways
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yeah the (jars of food) and fruit and veggies dont start til october!!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 7:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• and i think wheat bread also!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

• I get baby food on mine but i only get 32 cans a month and it cut the milk down to 6 cans and now we have to buy 5 cans or more a month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would say to grow a garden or make your own baby food. Really not that hard. That babies don't "need" solids til they are over a year old. And that if you can't supply babyfood, which isn't that expensive unlike formula which is expensive, I wonder how you got in such a tight financial spot that you can't buy it. Maybe you should re evalute your needs because kids do not get cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If this is an issue for you...call your local food bank. Sometimes they will go out of thier way to get you babyfood. Tell them your situation. Justy reach out...someone will help.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I know it sounds awful but I agree...if you can't afford baby food, you might want to rethink why you had a baby you couldn't afford. Esp if you can afford a computer and internet. That can buy alot of baby food....sorry, don't mean to judge but let's be real.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• With WIC, we get: milk, beans, wheat bread, tortillas, juice, ceral, and when the baby comes we will get baby good and baby ceral when he gets to a certain age.
    And to Anon:34..every situation is different, and you shouldn't judge until you know the situation. Yes there are moms who abuse the system and have more babies to get more benefits. But there are also moms that dont. My and my fiance both had good jobs when we got pregnant with our little man (and by the way we have a 2 year old as well). I had to quit my job due to pregnancy complications and the saftey of our son. My fiance was making enough to pay all the bills, but we had to get PA and WIC to make sure that we always had food on the table. Then in June, he went to work to find that the store was gone, and there was nothing left in it. Then we went to our bank, and our account was under almost $500. (we had to replace it) So please don't judge all PA and WIC moms.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 8:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oh and to add, the apartment complex I live in pays for my internet, plus I go to school online full time. So thats they only reason we have it, oh and they pay for cable so we have that to
    livingrlovesong

• in colorado wic for 1 and over includes milk, eggs, peanut butter or beans, fruits and vegies, cheese, cereals, and a few other things, its great!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009