Germs

My 4 month old son and i live with my parents and two younger brothers. Now that flu and cold season is here i'm wondering how i can best protect my son from the germs my family brings home from the school my brothers attend and my mom works. I'm really worried because my two little brothers love to kiss on him and i just cringe, thinking of germs. Help!

SweeThang931

Asked by SweeThang931 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• If you are breastfeeding you don't have to worry much. Your milk contains will help protect him from getting sick. There are several different ways human milk protects babies.

Explain your concerns to your brothers and mother. Ask them to wash their hands when they get home. Your brothers don't need to be kissing the baby.

If you are artificial feeding you have to expect that your baby can get sick much more easily. You can take even more precautions. For many infections the person is contagious before they even show any signs of being sick.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Washing hands often and wiping things down with sanatizer will help, try to get the little brothers to not kiss baby on the face. best of luck to you
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Good Hand Washing Often
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have tried asking my brothers not to kiss him but I get no respect from them as the mother of their nephew. And this morning the 14 year old kissed him after admitting he was TRYING to get sick! I nearly lost it on him.
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The first thing my oldest does when she comes home from school, is wash her hands.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Handwashing.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• breastfeeding is only going to protect the baby against things YOU are already immune to. I know quite a few breastfed babies that are constantly sick and allergy ridden when my kids were healthy & rarely sick (and bottle fed)...anyway...just emphasize good handwashing & try to keep them away when they are sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2009