my 4 week old is wheezing

Its pretty bad. I already informed her doctor and the soonest he could get her in is 30 tomorrow morning. She also doesnt sleep for very long any more. she wakes up wheezing and tosses and turns, she spits up her formula, not projectile puking just spit up but she never used to do it, and she's been really fussing and will start crying. I check her diaper(clean) she already ate and burped good, I swaddle her or unswaddle and pretty much try everything else in the book and it still takes her awhile to calm down. Should I wait till tomorrow or take her to the er? my 1st dd had the same things when she was 7 weeks and she had RSV.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your hospital. Tell them what is going on and ask them. They will be able to tell you the best if you need to go ahead and bring your little one in or not. That or if you really feel you should do it! You know your child the best if you don't think it can wait, don't. If you have a nebulizer at home and the meds you may want to try that also. That is what I do when my girls start wheezing and we have done RSV this past winter ourselves. Good luck!
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would be going to the ER...weezing in a 4 week old needs to be diagnosed quickly.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Your doctor should NOT be making you wait overnight with a wheezing newborn! Time to find a new doctor AFTER you take that infant to the ER and she's taken care of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughter had rsv to and thats how she was at first i would take her to the hospital right away so they can check her oxygen level. i had my daughter in the hospital two weeks for that. after the doctors did everything in the hospital like the nebs and stuff shes the best baby now. she never gets sick or anything. sorry got off track there but i would take her in just to make sure.
    beautifulkirei

Answer by beautifulkirei at 8:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009