When's a good time to pack your hospital bag?

I'm getting close to week 35 & considering putting together my hospital bag. Is this too early? Just curious as to when a good time to pack it up would be...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Baby can typical come between 37-42 weeks safely. There for it is best to have all the major stuff packed and throw in toiletries on your way out the door (or buy mines). About 37 weeks is also a good time to install the car seat for good. However, you want to make sure you have made sure you car seat fits in your car long before then.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 7:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• usually around 37 weeks. u dont want to pack it too soon bc then u will just sit there looking and waiting and it will make the weeks go by slower
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• LOL...With my first pregnancy, my bag and the babies was packed at 34 weeks With my second it was around 36...I'm almost 37 weeks preggo with my third and havent even bought the stuff I need yet..lol.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I wish I would have been packed by week 35. My water broke at 35 weeks and I was NOT prepared at all! My poor fiance had to try and pack for me and the baby. It was a fiasco.

Pack now! It will give you something to do and you will be a little more prepared.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I didn't really take much so I just waited until labor started. I only took an outfit for the baby and my toothbrush. The hospital gave me everything else

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• if you are like me, after your water breaks at 41 weeks. lol. most of the stuff i wanted to take was stuff i used on a daily basis, glasses, deoderant, etc. and i didn't have many maternity clothes so i didn't pack any clothes either. it really worked out well because usually your labor will be pretty long and you'll want to stay at home for a long time anyway, and that can be a little something to take your mind of things :) good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't know. Most of my baby's were preterm (before the 35th week) so I was prepared a little bit earlier than most moms I guess.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009