The Disney princess have cleavage, and Tinkerbelle too! What is everyones thoughts?

Im sure you all have noticed the new disney princess themes and the new Tinkerbell stuff. They all have cleavage! The new Tinkerbelle movie is out and she's kinda naked, or might as well be. Some of the disney princesses have a little black line to indicate cleavage, (boobies are here)

I think that the Tinkerbelle movie and all her little girl fairie friends in there aren't dressed enough for a Disney film.
What does everyone think?

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont care.. We as real humans have boobs why shouldn't cartoons.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• By the time they are old enough to realize what cleavage is they are old enough to understand right and wrong and the proper way to dress.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Why does it matter? They are not showing anything she hasn't saw on me. So I see no issue.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Tinkerbell has been dressed the same way for years! Even in the original Peter Pan they focused on her hips. Remember when she looked in the mirror and was cranky about how big they were? I'm to to upset about it though. They are cartoons and nothing is really 'showing' My daughter knows she is not a fairy or a princess and will know when she is old enough what is and is not allowed as far as clothing in our home. are the fairies dresses little saucy-Maybe but again they are mythical creatures wearing flowers for clothes. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My daughter who is 8 has never come out and said anything about Tink's clevage. She was to into the storyline. Most kids realize that it's a cartoon and don't pay attention to stuff like that around the age princesses are for.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 11:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Honestly that doesnt bother me as much as them BRATZ dolls. WTF??? Their heads are HUGE and their bodies are like little string beans. If that doesnt confuse little girls then I dont know what will?
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• but really its not surprising. this whole country is f'd up. they air shows aimed for teens like secret life at 8 p.m. and then talk about how great sex is every episode.....cleavage on dolls is nothing these days.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Wow, does that mean seeing mine is going to mess my daughter up for life. She has taken showers with me since she was born.. and thus far she is doing ok. (She is 2 by the way)

I don't really care, she likes Tinkerbell, and the Disney Princesses. She is to young to understand, or care.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 12:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree with most of the above comments that kids don't pay attention to that and that they've already seen it on their mommies. But I also think that culturally, it's the little things like this that can potentially set kids up for being obsessed with their body image when they are teens. Our society and the media promote that curves and cleavage are a part of sexuality that is desirable, so if a girl grows up with skinny hips or small boobs, or is just overall built heavily and doesn't have a tiny waist and curvy figure, she can have a hard time being happy with her own body. Of course, there's a lot of parenting involved in this, and I would never blame Tinkerbell or Disney or anyone else if my daughter had issues with her body image, but I personally feel this kind of thing contributes to the issue rather than helping the parents with difficult job of reminding girls that they are beautiful, no matter what.
    clairandamjones

Answer by clairandamjones at 2:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I also agree, humans have boobs...it is just a fact of life. I have better things to do that look to see if the Disney female character my dd likes has boobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009